- This event has passed.
Smart City Hackathon Binh Duong 2016
03/26/2016 @ 8:00 am - 03/27/2016 @ 5:00 pm
Binh Duong Smart City Hackathon is THE competition for challenge-cravers who are willing to make a difference to society and change the daily lives of people not only in Binh Duong but also the whole of Vietnam. The event will be on Mar 26th and 27th.
In 24 hours, the participants will work together in teams to build a smart product to help solve daily life problems, particularly in one of these 6 aspects:
(1) transportation, (2) education, (3) social & health, (4) public safety, (5) environment, (6) energy & water.
Hackathon organizing board: Dutch Consulate General in HCM city, Binh Duong province, IBM, Becamex, Saigon Silicon Straits, Lac Viet, VNTT.
Why join us
The winner will receive grand prizes, certificates from Becamex and IBM Vietnam, and great media coverage
- First prize: VND 50,000,000 for the best team
- 2 special prizes, Best Technical and Most Innovative
- IBM Prize for best products developed on Bluemix Platform
All qualified products will have the opportunity to exhibit at Smart City Expo for hundreds of potential customers and investors who can help bring your ideas from zero to hero.
If you believe in your desire to make an impact, and want to prove your ability, register now by clicking here.
DEADLINE: 23:59 Mar 24th.
Do not hesitate to help us spread the words and ask your fellow idea hackers to join us too. The event is limited to first 100 registrations.
You can form your team of up to 5 people in advance or during the hackathon (all must register individually).
For enquiries, do not hesitate to contact us at Hackathon@becamex.com.vn
Rules & Regulations:
- Code Review All code must be submitted to Github and updated here before 12pm Mar 27th. Winning teams will be subject to a code-review at some point following the event or immediately before winning.
- Ownership and IP Teams have full ownership of everything they build at our events and are free to do with it as they wish.
- Team Size Teams are made up of 1-5 people and must register to the Hackathon before it begins.
- Submissions Each hackathon has it’s individual hackathon.io page, which projects should be submitted on. Submission time is on 12pm on Sunday unless stated otherwise.
- Winning criteria Our expert judges will pick the winners. We will take the apps and give them to a group of expert judges to pick the top 3 winners, and 1 winner for the team who uses the cloud Bluemix of IBM.
Teams that break any laws or violate the TOS of other websites will not be eligible for judging.
About cloud: Candidates are free to choose the cloud. Particularly, the organizing board furnishes the IBM BlueMix cloud and prioritizes for the contestants who exploit this cloud in the competition. IBM Vietnam provides a certificate for these contestants, and also offers 1 BlueMix training day (the date will be informed later).
Frequently Asked Questions
Why are we organizing the Smart City Hackathon?
To enable a better quality life through innovations and technologies, Binh Duong and the Consulate General of the Kingdom of the Netherlands are partnering up to organise Smart City Summit Binh Duong on 28 March at Binh Duong New City International Conference and Exhibition Centre.
This event is one of three concurrent events at the summit:
- Smart City Conference
- Smart City Expo
- Smart City Hackathon
Find out more about the Smart City Summit by clicking here.
Is this limited to participants from Binh Duong?
We welcomed everyone to join the Hackathon. Accommodations and catering will be arranged for free for all participants during the Hackathon.
There will be a bus in the morning of Mar 26th for all participants travelling from HCM City to the venue.
How will the winner be selected?
After 24 hours, all teams will present their ideas and demo their products to our judging panels, who will then select the top three qualified for pitching at Smart City Conference on Mar 28th to an audience of hundreds of people from government officials to businesses and investors.
The criteria for judging are
Do I need a completed product to demo?
It’s a demo, so we are not looking at 100% perfected product from scratch after 24 hours.
The final demo should be able to:
- Show the basic functionality of the product
- Show that the problem/idea are solvable/implementable with your products/technology
- Show a certain level of completeness, your technical skills, and direction for future development of the products
What assets can I prepare in advance?
We all start coding at the same time. This is done to keep things fair.
Please don’t come in and build on top of previous projects if you want to win. It’s cool to work on designs beforehand, digital mockups, open source frameworks, and anything else available to everyone, but try to keep things within just limits.
Contact us if you are not sure certain assets would be qualified to use in the Hackathon.
Which teams can join the summit and exhibition?
Top three winners will pitch at the summit.
All products that meet our requirements will be displayed at the Smart City Expo.
To register for the Hackathon Click here.